Sunday 2 April 2017

Underfloor LPG Tank

Finished fitting the underfloor tank today, was fun ......not, as in fitting the brackets to suspend it!
Downside was having to cut hole in the inside floor to facilitate fitting the bolts, "inspection hatch" thank god for my Bosch multitool!
I fitted one bracket then slid the tank into that and mounted the second bracket, very fiddly and not a lot of room for movement, read blind fitting one bolt!
Still bonus is a freed up cupboard space, which will be the boot!
To run the pipework I had to remove the rear plastic cover and the spare tyre, which was never wanted in the first place! I'm still looking to use the spare tyre cradle for the watertanks, but we'll see! Might be easier to remove it and strap tanks in place.
I'll leave it all to settle and joint cement to harden before putting a few ltrs of lpg in tank to test for leaks.
Pictures to follow when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment