Friday 27 April 2018

New window

Was a complete pain to fit!
When offered up you cant lay it flat on the panel because of window. So I checked as best could. Cut panel out tidied it the ran mastic around the two lips, the firm I got the window thru sent s different type of edging for the cut out, no rubber tube just a U shaped channel, not a problem till I came to fit it when the joined in the run of rubber are weak so will mishape easily.

When I fitted it I found the bottom right corner sat a little proud. Pushing it into place sent upper left out! Found a compromise and obviously it fitted well enough taped the upper left then pushed the bottom corner and taped it down and spent about 10 minutes holding it place.

It was only about 2mm proud. Anymore and I would have been on the phone! The offside "blank" fitted perfectly so I had no idea something would be wrong.

I was also working in a time boundary which didn't help!

There is a small leak in the top so if it ever stops raining! Have some sealant on order.

So the next hurdle! Because I've built the kitchen unit higher than normal ( back problems) I've had to dismantle some of it. Oven, hob unit, and worktop. 

I also need to re line around the window, something I hadn't realised! 



No comments:

Post a Comment