Tuesday 22 December 2020

Sterling Power B2B update

After a few trips to work noticed the auxiliary battery seemed low on charge than previously.

The remote gauge was showing that the leisure battery was low on charge and flashed up in red. It was not starting up either. Forced it would fire up then go back to "SLP" yep sleep!

Emailed Sterling and it was suggested to wire in the ignition live feed to the unit.
My T6 is a 2016 but euro5 engine so want sure. So this done the unit fires up within the allotted 60 secs. 

The leisure battery was still showing red and had lost a few volts in charge!
Investigation time! 

Checked the obvious wiring and connections etc all ok.
Bit of head scratching found the issue!

I've yet to swap over the van 12 v electrics to a new fuse box ( one trauma at a time 😂) but took the cover off and after a bit of head scratching and volt meter checking suddenly dawned on me I'd transposed the two live feeds on the Sterling unit 🙄

So swapped the feeds no more red lights and the leisure battery is getting it's share of power! 
All I need is some sunlight to check the integrated solar charger is working! The light flashed briefly which I take as it is at least monitoring. I did a factory reset so I guess it was when the unit checked itself! 
Final check will be tomorrow on drive to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment