Tuesday 21 June 2022

sterling unit / solar panel

21/06/22
Not getting solar output thru sterling unit. Turns out my solar panel is knackered (6 yrs old) flexible one attached to roof when pop top fitted 6 yrs ago! 
I'd bought a solid 100amp solid panel in the sales a couple of years ago but never around to fit it! Lent panel against van in sun, 20 volts going in straight off ! 🙄 And with just 6" strip of the panel in the actual sun resting on top of the kitchen unit got 17.5 amps that'll do thank you. 
At this point I don't think I'll mount it on the roof leads are long enough to rest it against van where the sun is! I've also got extension plugs so wouldn't have to faff on rewiring it to sterling unit etc.

Next up .... Water pump sort and test heating system 

No comments:

Post a Comment