Wednesday 31 August 2016

Cost cutting

Priced up the lightweight furniture boards  I would need to build the kitchen and cupboards.
£720 Inc delivery.
B&Q have an online sale on!
I decided on cream gloss for the majority of panels with mint gloss accents some draw fronts etc.
I'm having a rummage on B&Q website and they've reduced nearly all the end panels in cream gloss. So some working out later and a bit of math re weights etc. I ended up buying 6 tall end panels and 6 standard height end panels all cream gloss and at a cost of £284 with free delivery! As with the lightweight board fittings are extra and we might need to rethink drawer fronts as couldn't find a pale mint but there's always spray paint! So I reckon I'll be able to build the units complete for the same or less than just the lightweight boards!

Weight of the panels vs boards:  the panels were about 30 kg heavier but I'll be cutting a fair bit out so if I remember I'll weigh the panels to get exact comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment