Saturday 27 August 2016

Gas supply

There seems no hard and fast rules out there for self build gas fitting.
I've spent hours wading through data which basically aimed at business builds.
So I've gone with using 2mm mild steel, backed with 3 ply. Glued and screwed to form a small enclosure as possible.
It's mildy amusing that all has to be sealed especially the door, when you have to have an opening for the pipes to units and filler cap!
So when glue and paint dry ( used a can of metal spray for interior of box)
I'll position it for the drop hole and cut the filler hole (70mm) in side of van.
I haven't made my mind up about the door as once all in place I'll only need to access the bottle and pipe work for servicing so can't really see the point in having it on hinges to open, maybe some simple hooks at the bottom  and latch at top

No comments:

Post a Comment