Tuesday 6 September 2016

Hooking up LPG

Today my hole cutter turned up (70mm) so I could cut the hole for the LPG filler assembly ( gulp) As it turns out cutting the hole was the proverbial piece of p!

Life would have been simpler if I hadn't glued and screwed the box containing the gas cylinder in place.

I got there in the end but it was a pain in the elbow knees and back! Why is it the the most difficult pipe to connect in the most awkward place to get at?

I also needed to remove the carpeted panel as I needed to make a hole large enough to service the pipework attached to the filler cap.

Order if work:
Remove carpeted panel to access outer panel to position the filler cap
Remove insulation
Drill hole to accept filler assembly
Install filler assembly
Attach hose to filler
Attach the hose to LPG tank
Attach filter assembly to outlet regulator
Attach regulator to outside of LPG box
Position 3 gang taps and connect pipework to regulator for supply
Run pipe from Propex heater to supply ( that was the awkward pipe!)
Clean up and secure all!

Next: I will be building a door for the LPG box that needs to be sealed, At the moment I'm waiting on the metal panel door to adhere to the 5mm MDF panel! Then need to find away that seals it in place when shut!

Hole cut in side of van!


Filler assembly in place along with warning sticker, prior to fitting it I painted some Dinitrol around the cut edge and allowed it to be touch dry before mounting the filler


From inside the van insulation back in place around the filler point


The hole in the carpet liner was a little trail and error to give me access for servicing so I cut a piece at a time until I had a larger enough hole to get a spanner and my hand in!


Regulator and pipework run and fixed in place with easy access as the whole thing is lower than the work surface will be, so I am hoping to build a pull out drawer (read who knows) to easily access taps etc when on the road which also might give a bit of storage as well ( mains cable and the alike)


HRH Merlin our now very ancient (16 yrs old this September)  Ragdoll Cat giving the van the once over it passed with a royal sniff as he got out!


No comments:

Post a Comment