Saturday 17 September 2016

N/S Sliding Door Card

First rough cut door card.
It's a little flimsy door handle side but when the blind supports are fitted top and bottom and it's all fitted lined etc I don't think it will be a problem . But I might glue a wood brace along it. We'll see!
I used the oem door card as the template then just measured and cut the top section. Once that was right I fitted the new card , traced around the top from the outside, opened the sliding window to get half the opening and drew around the aperture this gave me exact opening I want.
Then lined it all up and cut it.
I've used 3 mm hardboard, bit of a gamble but when secured it'll be strong enough and the oem one is thinner hardboard .
When all is neat and tidy I'll reverse it and use as a template for offside slider.
There's more than enough space to fit a pleated blind in the aperture as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment