Monday 25 January 2021

new roof rubber seal

In an effort to seal the poptop once and for all ( leaking thru side panel zips when shut!)
I'd fitted a larger rubber seal but made little difference. 
Whilst perusing tinternet I came across a local company selling replacement poptop roof seals. The difference was this seal is OEM size but has a small extra lip offset from the bottom plus on delivery I found it also has some small holes punched into the tubing. The other two seals didn't!
It makes sense ( to me)  as when shut you are able to pull the roof just a little bit more closed therefore ( in theory) making a better seal.
Whilst fitting I cleaned both van roof and poptop edges.

Due a lot of rain tomorrow fingers crossed. 😂
I'll settle for an improvement mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment