Sunday 17 January 2021

wet wet wet 4

Found the leak! 
Nearside rear sliding window.
I have thermal blinds on my 2 sliding doors and rear NS. Designed as an all in one panel in abs plastic and can be covered etc. I removed it over the weekend as part of the rebuild etc. Bottom right corner of the window was the culprit leak! As the frame is carpeted the water tracked along that to the C post! Drenching it from about half way down. 
I cleaned the edging between the van and window using a small flat screwdriver in the crevice. Dried it out an ran a small bead of black mastic sealant into the channel from halfway at the top round to halfway inwards at the bottom. The other side was bone dry but I'm make sure next deluge ! 

Not that much of a pain as I needed to move the window pod out into the van about 8 mm to miss the sliding window catch anyway. So I'll be cutting a new full length panel and stick the pod to that and re carpet. 
It'll tidy up the area as the new bed will be on that side and by adding a spacer on the panel just below the catch the problem will be solved regarding the opening catch! 

Onwards and sideways eh! Once it's all dried out.
On the plus side the rear hatch stayed dry after a massive overnight downpour!

No comments:

Post a Comment