Friday 1 July 2022

cold water feed 01/07/22

B2B and solar sorted, now the cold water feed. As said I'd removed the cold water tank from under the van due to the pump hassles. Bought a 10 ltr fresh water tank that fits bottom of kitchen unit ( hoorah!) 
No the witchcraft of 12v wiring. 
Could I get it to run, could I get it to stop? Could I heck as much!
Blew a few fuses couldn't find the issue.
Either the cold ran and not turn off or nothing!
Taps got a microswitch mmmmmm ! 
I've a removable panel just below the worktop above the oven. I could just get at the tap securing nut. 
Can I replace the microswitch? can I get at it?
Nope seems sealed! Great !
Ordered a new tap.
Removed the tap today. Was about to be throw it in the bin but decided to have a look at the internals. 
Turns out the microswitch wires were entangled and basically shorted out! Also the lever within the tap that actuated the microswitch wasn't even touching it! 
Bonus is I can now see how to pull apart the tap to get at future microswitches!
Remove spout pulls off
Lever can be removed via the small plastic plug on the top and undo screw ( the plastic plug is thin and will split).
Remove the small attachment that holds spout by gently pulling and twisting.
You can then  prise the body of the tap off the inner workings to expose the microswitch! Gentley does it tho! I did by using a small screwdriver working around the cover to loosen, then pull a bit. 
You can then prise/ pull the cover off the internals. 

I've also watched a video where the guy said get a couple of microswitches for your tool box! Must be common!

No comments:

Post a Comment