Saturday 9 July 2022

Solar

Running out of hair to pull out here!

Sterling unit 
Shows solar but liesure battery dropping voltage! Nothing is on, but when I open the van it shows solar light and power? Ignition off etc. Also then remote gauge fires up and shows low voltage who F'ing knows!??

So I've disconnected main battery from unit. 
Then re wired the victron MPPT with solar panel and leisure battery wires. 

Which on writing this makes me wonder as the leisure battery is powering the 12v accessories via busbar. So not using the load terminal on the victron unit!
I'll leave as is till I've read up again and check battery voltage in a couple of hours. 
If no improvement ( it's hot and sunny) maybe the 12v need to be separated!

Nope for once I'm right! 
The load terminal is only for say led lighting! Which I have but I'd rather the whole lot go thru a fusebox! 

The victron app is showing live info this time but still not actual solar output on main screen. 
I'll check back after an hour to two as it's obviously building info at present.
12:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment