Saturday 28 May 2016

Go swivel




Having removed the bulk head I decided to fit the passenger seat swivel.
My nearly 3 year old grandson Isaac decided I need guidance so he lay next to me issuing instructions! 
I'm using Sportcraft TUV approved swivels.
But the instructions come in German!
I found a generic video on you tube, I had a rough idea but always worth watching a video if it just give you some short cuts!

So you do not need to take the plastic surround completely off.
On the T6 it's held along the side by push fit studs. At the front of each side there is a small fixing just beside the bottom of seat. Difficult to see and a pain! It has a torx head screw, doing this by touch I get told by my daughter " why don't you use the front camera on your phone to see it?"
Doh!
Anyway I unscrewed and unscrewed seemed to be getting nowhere so I thought I'd gently prise it off, it popped out straight away! It's actually one of those mushroom panel fixings, the ones that normally have a simple pin in the middle that you push in once in place!.
The panel on the right side of the seat with the seat back rake adjuster can be left in place just remove the fixing at front gently pop out the side, you can easily get at the bolts and nuts.
Push seat forward undo rear two bolts
Push seat back remove front two nuts.
Lift seat off
Place swivel over front and back holes and turn it enough to access the four holes.
Not to easy but you need the access
Bolt the back two
Use the nuts to secure the front two.
Straighten the swivel, easy now it's bolted down!
Place the seat on and slide seat forward enough to see the bolt holes using the new allen bolts loosely fit them slide seat back and fit the front two Allen bolts.
Tighten all.
Word of warning here:
Make sure you slide the seat evenly or bolts will not align!
That's it took about an hour first time but the two fixings on the plastic caused some delay along with keeping a 3 year old occupied if he can't screw the screws!
Pop the plastic back on and play! and amaze the grandchild when you turn the seat backwards!!
I'll stick some pictures up of the drivers seat when I do it, same procedure. So I'll point out the hidden bits!
No instruction for the handbrake relocation so that might be fun!
Or do what we used to do stick foot on foot brake release the handbrake a couple of notches and swivel seat enough to re apply the handbrake.

Obviously this is how I did it, I have experience working on bodywork of jags and Rollers so if your not confident in yourself, get help!
Not my fault if you cock it up

That goes for ANY other info I offer in how to build or replace. What I am unfamiliar with I ask, read and watch videos then decide if I will do it.
Also certain things like gas fittings need to be signed off by a qualified technician!

No comments:

Post a Comment