Friday 27 May 2016

Right lets get started!


First task is to remove the full height bulkhead. So 8mm bolts all around the bulk head (which is in two parts) So a few pictures of the many bolts to be removed. they are not on tight so I went around loosening them then removed all I could of the top part of the bulkhead.



Picture below is off the top of the bulkhead from the cab, this I found out has 4 torx screws under a small strip of interior paneling  which runs the width of the van area you can just see in it in the picture below

The strip is held up by 4 plastic  ribbed "nails" which are ridged carefully free them to get at the torx screws I used  a clean flat head screwdriver worked a treat!


Here it is put back in after bulk head removed not pretty as the roof lining (carboard basically) is not attached in anyway. But as I am having a pop top fitted makes no difference and I shall remove it prior to the roof being fitted. The cardboard will come in useful for panel templates.
  


There is a small frame around the van which the bulkhead is attached to, this is welded in place some people remove it, but at this point I think once the floor is in place it might not be need removing. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment