Sunday 29 May 2016

lets do some more



 

So I thought I'd have a gander at the panels at the back see what was behind them. painted as well which is a bonus I remember when if it was covered it didn't get painted ! Taking an old fashioned remedy for preventing any "booming" of large flat panel areas, I bought a pack of B&Q's cheapest stick on tiling £7.00 for a pack of 11. and stuck them onto the panels.Cheap and cheerful but do the job I have enough for both walls and the rear hatch from the doors back. I had a quick look behind the panel on the hatch, and it is made up of several channels and reinforced. So I do not think I will need to do it but I probably will just because I have the tiles!

I will be spraying Dinitrol also in those lower panels,again this helps towards eliminating boom, but also it is difficult to stop condensation completely in these vehicles. By spraying the bottom half (and any crevices I can get to this will prevent rusting. I will then be using Dacron to insulate and then wallboard ( like the ones used caravans they have a coated front cover) which will cover that to give me a clean flat area to build onto for the units.

No comments:

Post a Comment