Monday 25 July 2016

Covering the offside back panel

Made a start on the offside rear of the van, I am almost done at the front a little bit of painting the trim around the floor.
But it's usable as a four seated and four sleeping.

So before I carry on with the suede lining I wanted to panel the back to enable me to mount the electrics and connect the batteries etc.

I used 3mm ply for this using the lower oem panel as a template. The upper sorted by cut a bit and try it!

Once cut to shape I sanded the sawn edges the as a had some of the carpet lining left from the roof bed I decided to cover it instead of leaving it plain ply.
I've also covered the back with foil insulation.
The nearside who knows, not enough carpet but by carpeting the offside I don't have to put any backing on the units. The kitchen side I will be running pipes etc and above the unit we are opting for a perspex sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment