Friday 29 July 2016

Mains wiring

So, we have 240v input! Didn't want to cut a hole in the bodywork so opted for the continental version under the rear bumper.
Thought about it a lot , wet knees, grovelling around etc etc. But actually it's not that bad don't actually have kneel to attach mains cable.
Had to drill one hole through floor inside, the rest was routing the cable away from exhaust and make sure cable wouldn't rub on any metal work.
I've run one cable under the wood floor to the nearside for a domestic plug not sure where it will be placed but will wire a socket onto it so I can get an electrician to check it and certify it for me ( Mr Butt this hopefully means you if your reading this ha ha) plus I need a cable to connect it to mains, infact I need an adapter for three pin as well !

Before screwing all together it got the obligatory coating of Dinitrol and kurust around the cuts. 


View of socket just under the bonnet.


Cable routed through floor and a couple of convenient holes above the exhaust

There was a plastic cover to the nearside by the tyre hanger so I routed the cable into that then back to the plug. I also drilled a couple of holes in the plastic either side of the exhaust hanger and secured the cable with a couple of zipties. Again this secured the cable away from the exhaust and stops any rubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment