Friday 22 July 2016

Second seat in !


Second seat fixed in place and all the panels are replaced under the van!

Van 1 me 1

Have a lovely lump on my forehead from sliding door !

This panel has to be "dropped" to be able to get at bolt that holds fuel pipe neck in place (4 torx screws )
Not sure why this picture is here, except it shows breather pipe! 
See bolt at top 10mm the earth strap is part of the washer and stays in place, sensible!
Breather pipe exits through plastic panels, for reference when putting back together

Lowering the fuel tank wasn't a problem , I had more or less convinced myself that it was going to be a pain! Just supported the tank with Jack and some wood. Undid the three tank supports then gently lowered it until I could see under. Drilled my last to bolt holes then lowered it a little more to get at the bolts. I fitted the bolts by putting them up through the floor rather than from inside the van that way the longer threaded part was inside the van. I was worried that they might rub on the tank, having fitted them and looked I had nothing to worry about! But better safe than sorry!

Seats will be upholstered around September so I will get on with the lining. At this point in time we're going for a cream leather close as we can get to the lining, with a jazzy 70'ish cloth in the middle to continue the retro feel . But who knows as my wife could change her mind! It also gives my account time to recover as I've been collating parts ( fridge, two burner hob and sink Smev, small oven / grill Smev, emergency loo, proper heater ) in the sales and saved a goodly sum! But I can build the units at leisure. 
With the beds done the solar panel in and charging the leisure battery we could use the van. Just need to ply line the the back and mount the electrics so we might go down to Cornwall for a week who knows!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment