Saturday 11 June 2016

Bit of insulating Bit of grinding


Filled in the rear panels by the rear hatch





then covered with black gaffer tape

Then decided that I would unbolt the bulk head panel fixings along the B posts, on removing the cover of the upper seat belt fixing I found it had the spline torx bolts !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a set on order as the cargo D rings have them as well!

So I thought I remove the bottom bracket which runs the width of the van behind the seats. It is welded in 5 places and also stuck down as I found out. I burnt out my old grinder so didn't have one. Except I have one of those Bosch multi tools so I had a look at what I had blade wise to tackle the welds. Fortunately there was a metal cutter so I thought it was worth a try, it worked a treat enabling me to finely cut the welds just where the it joins to the metal. Doesn't make as much mess either just a fine dust rather than sparks everywhere ................result!


No comments:

Post a Comment