Friday 24 June 2016

Floors in !


I started by cleaning and decreasing the floor, then got all the offcuts of ply I had from making the main floor. Dry placed them to see what I needed etc.


Getting there


 Then added double backed foil insulation and left the Sikaflex overnight to harden.


Floor in! However before I laid and glued it (sikaflex) I realised just in time that I hadn't run the 12v wiring! I was still not convinced about the Sikaflex doing the job, but I know a lot of people use it with great success and anything that means you dont have to drill holes in the floor is a bonus.

Anyhoo! As I plotted the run of the 12v cables I was thinking about the heating (Propex) Did a little check online about its wiring etc and then whilst looking at the fitting plans, realised that although I was hoping to place the Propex heater on the nearside along with the gas bottle, cooker and oven etc. keeping all pipework in one place and on one side.

Problem! the exhaust pipe cant be on the nearside (awnings mainly) as you cant have gas exhaust fumes coming out into a living area Doh! So it would have to be on the offside and the battery on nearside.

Note to self: Run gas pipe/ 240v wires when running 12v wiring.

Trouble is I've been to sleep since deciding that!

I re ran the wiring then started gluing the floor down, sitting back feeling smug that I'd sorted the floor it dawned on me that I had fogotten the gas pipe work and the 240v wiring! The249v isn't a problem really as all the fuse boxes etc will be at the rear offside.



New floor as I started the put anything of weight on it to make sure the floor is set solidly and level.

Sikaflex: Screwfix

As I said I was not totally comfortable with the "gluing" of the floor. Because I had forgotten initially to lay the 12v wiring I had to cut a new channel in the wood pads used to lift the floor to the correct level for the RIB single seats. So I got the chisel out and started chiseling away! the piece of wood that I had stuck down didn't budge whilst I hammered the chisel to make a channel for the 12v wires!
I conclude that sikaflex does what it says on the label!

No comments:

Post a Comment